Thursday, March 02, 2006

All in the Family

Is it just me, or is this a disturbing letter? It's from our newest Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito to Focus on the Family's founder Dr. James Dobson.

Dear Dr. Dobson:

This is just a short note to express my heartfelt thanks to you and the entire staff of Focus on the Family for your help and support during the past few challenging months. I would also greatly appreciate it if you would convey my appreciation to the good people from all parts of the country who wrote to tell me that they were praying for me and for my family during this period. As I said when I spoke at my formal investiture at the White House last week, the prayers of so many people from around the country were a palpable and powerful force.

As long as I serve on the Supreme Court I will keep in mind the trust that has been placed in me. I hope that we will have the opportunity to meet personally at some point in the future. In the meantime my entire family and I hope that you and the Focus on the Family staff know how much we appreciate all that you have done.

Sincerely yours,

Samuel Alito
full article in Washington Post

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like just a form letter to me. A little strange, though, that a SC justice should feel the need to cultivate supporters and lobbyists in this way.

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If he shows a tendency to favor Dobson's side from the bench, one would hope that he will hear from the House...and the Senate. I don't think a Supreme Court justice has ever been impeached....yet.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly hope that the following statment is true (which I note was written in a studiously passive voice, making it thoroughly ambiguous): "As long as I serve on the Supreme Court I will keep in mind the trust that has been placed in me."

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home